Monday 30 January 2012

The Kings Love (edited)

One of my followers pointed out that I had actually switched from past tense to present tense part way through the story, then switched back a bit later. So here is the edited version.

The King’s Love
 
24 January 2012

Once, there was a girl. She thought she had everything. She thought she was good. She thought her life was perfect. But it wasn’t.
As she grew older, she realized that she didn’t have everything, and life wasn’t perfect, but she didn’t know what to do about it.
She was enslaved by the ruler of her world. She wasn’t perfect, and what she thought was hers wasn’t. It was all part of one thing. She had to work hard, to get things she couldn’t use, and didn’t need, but thought she needed. She felt stressed, worthless, and hopeless. She cried out for help.

Then, one day, a King arrived. He came to her home and said “Child, I want you to be my Princess. You asked for help, and I want to give it. If you trust me, one day I will come fro you, and take you to a place far away, where you will be loved and cherished. I want you to be my Daughter, and live in my Palace. Just trust me, and all this will come to you. Will you trust me?”

The girl looked at the King, and saw a forever of happiness, and the love of a father, in his eyes. She trusted him completely.

“I may not come for a long time, but I will leave with you my Son. He loves you a lot, as much as I do, and paid the ruler of this land with blood so that he and I could come for you, and free you. He will stay with you, and be your Brother. If you trust him, and ask him for his help, he will help you, and do things you would never imagine.”
Then the King left, leaving his Son behind to watch over his new Princess.

The King’s Princess had a wonderful life, with her new Brother’s guidance. One day, the King came back for her. He lifted her into his golden carriage, and his Son got in beside her. He took his Daughter and his Son off to his magnificent palace, and even though his Daughter had never been there before, she still felt at home.

The Princess lived there forever with her Father, the King, her Brother, the King’s Son, and all the other Princes and Princesses that the King had called to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment