Thursday 19 January 2012

Holiday Update

I have a lot to write, not a lot of time to write it in, and I'm not sure where to start. I think I'll start with our holiday, and put today's news in my next post. 

On Sunday, we arrived at our grandpa's place, where we stayed. The next day, we left for our old town, on the Sunshine Coast. We grew up there, and my sister and little brother were born there. It had changed a lot since we had last been there, about 5 years before. We walked all around town, and caught up with my godmother. We also saw a whole lot of people that I didn't or barely remembered. In the afternoon, we visited a Christian bookstore in the area.

Tuesday, we went to another town. We never lived there, but visited it often, and knew it as well, as our home town. It was miserable weather for walking around, even worse than the day before, so we mostly stayed at indoor places. We had lunch with my little brother's godmother, and then went to Sunshine Plaza, the closest big shopping centre with our grandpa.

The next day, we met up with another godmother, this time my sister's. We also visited an old friend, who were kids the last time we knew them but are now older. I almost forgot, but there is a fantastic playground near the local Plaza. Last time we were there, it was fantastic, and it still is. It's huge!


Everything and everyone seemed to be smaller than I remembered, as I suppose comes with being far taller than I was when we left. It's amazing the difference 5 years can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment