Friday 13 January 2012

January 13

Do you believe that everyone should have speech? My mother has been telling about a famous person who plays tennis, who has been rejected by Tennis Australia because she shared her views about something, and those views were contrary to popular opinion. I believe that some things shouldn't be said, because it's rude, but if you want to voice your opinion, you should be allowed, without getting sued, or publicly humiliated over it! Different people have different opinions. Why should some of those opinions be not allowed?

That's probably enough questions for one post, but I do think that freedom of speech is important. My dad likes to talk about how because some people do silly things, everyone is penalised. Like, I think it's ridiculous that a teacher isn't allowed to give a crying child a hug. Things like that.

My little brother is setting up a board game next to me. He's not going to play it, he just wants to move all the little characters around the board. Anyone who's played Break The Safe might understand how fun it is to move the little figures around the secret-lair themed board.

My sister is on another computer, putting a book review into the moreton library website. Once she's finished it, she'll have 14 tokens. I've got 31 tokens. Our older brother has 5 tokens. That makes 50 tokens all up, and hopefully that's enough to win us the iPad. The other two are probably thinking the same thing, but I think I should be the one to get the iPad. After all, I am the one who contributed the most tokens. More than half. More than 3/5 even.

Next week, we head up the Coast, to where we used to live. It should be fun, visiting all our old hangouts. I'm hoping we'll meet some old friends, but so far, none of them have contacted us, and a fair few have moved. I'd really like to see them though. Most of them, I haven't seen for 5 or 6 years. Some of them are probably all grown up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment