Tuesday 24 January 2012

24 January

For the middle of summer, surely it shouldn't be this rainy? It sounds like a stampede is going on right outside the door, and I'm almost as unwilling to go out in it.That means no baby guinea pig photos yet.

For our first week back, we have to write a report on something we did this holiday. I finished mine yesterday, and my sister finished hers yesterday, but my brothers take a while. My little brother is still working on his now.

My older brother is on his laptop, working on his game developing materials. He's really excited about it, and must be doing pretty well, because he definitely sounds like he is.

I've been writing today. I wrote a few different stories, and this is one of them. It's called Hiding.

Hiding
24 January 2012

She crouched under the bush, hardly daring to breathe. Were they after her yet? How close where they? She knew they were coming. They hadn’t seen her leave, but they’d figure out where she went. The only question was, how long would it take?
She shifted position. The thorns were scratching her arms, drawing blood. Surely nobody would look for her in the middle of a thorn bush. Who would hide there? She would. She couldn’t be found, not now.
She heard footsteps and stiffened. Don’t look here, she whispered in her head. Don’t look here. They came closer, moving slowly, taking care to search thoroughly. She heard breathing right next to the bush, and glimpsed a hand through the bush. She held her breath. After all her effort, surely she couldn’t be found now? As if answering her silent plea, a shout of pain rang out. Her searcher had caught his hand on a cluster of thorns, and withdrew. She smiled. She was safe, for now. Her smile quickly disappeared, as she remembered that though they’d moved on for now, they’d be back...and soon.
She heard some shouts in the distance. Had they caught someone else? At least it wasn’t her. She was still safe. Wait… they were coming back. Footsteps slowly moving toward her… making their way through the thorn bushes… closer…closer…and…”I found you!” her three year old brother shouted. Hide and seek was over.
 
Were you surprised? I had fun writing that piece. It's not long enough to submit as a report, but I'm not very good at writing long stories. I prefer short simple ones. Long ones need a plot.

My mother is listening to Third Day. They are her favorite band, and she loved their music. I think they're pretty good, but I have different tastes. They still make the list.

Snack time! Anyone who's reading this, now is the perfect time to get a snack. My mother is getting some nuts for us to nibble nicely, not Nobby's nuts, but still nibbly nuts. END OF ALLITERATION.

That's All, Folks!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting story - I was swinging between the thought of it actually just being hide & seek or something more sinister. I like to write short stories, too. And I discovered recently that you can write stories where nothing much seems to happens but there's a shift underneath the surface. Those are fun to write, but a little difficult.
    I like that you're in Aussie. I'm writing from NZ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving my feedback on my story. I never can manage to finish a long story, so I write short ones. I especially enjoy writing stories with a twist. I posted a new story, Yellow Rain, that's a bit like that.

    ReplyDelete