Tuesday 6 December 2011

December 6

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Today is December 6. Last night our school had its award night. Tomorrow we are breaking up. We homeschool, so officially the school is broken up, but we finish on Wednesday. Last night was really good. My sister and I performed, and some of the audience joined in. Afterwards, I was complimented on my bravery in singing on stage in front of the whole school (though it's only about 100 people).

My sister is playing 'We need a little Christmas' on the keyboard. It sounds pretty good. She's really good for only having started at the start of the term. She performed really well last night, though her singing was hard to hear.

My little brother is outside singing. He can be very loud, and likes to make up crazy songs, or to put new words to old songs. He is probably singing into one of his golf clubs right now. Once, he mounted three golfclubs on 3 chairs at mouth height, and got my sister and I to go out and perform with him. He even got another golf club and played golf guitar on it, with proper rock star moves.

My other brother is outside, checking up on the guinea pigs. We have about 10 of them, and they are mostly cute. The main exception also happens to be my little brother's favorite, so we can't give that guinea pig away.

Now my little brother is pretending to be a pirate, and calling for milo (a hot drink, for those who don't know). He likes pirates, and his last birthday was even pirate themed. Mostly he just likes to use pirate words, like me hearties, and use his pirate accent. Sometimes he even battles himself. He's good at doing multiple identities. Sometimes, he captains 2 ships, as 2 different people, and might add a few crew members too.

On this day:
2002- Bigfoot was confirmed a hoax. Ray Wallace revealed on his death bed that he staged the Bigfoot footprints 44 years earlier, and later persuaded his wife to dress up in a Bigfoot suit for photos confirming the existence of Bigfoot. However, some people still believe that Bigfoot exists, despite Ray Wallace's confession.
2004- The Murray River was reported to have reached its lowest levels since reports began 100 years previously.


1 comment:

  1. Love it,Love it, LOVE it - especially your little brother - how cute!!!
    That reminds me of a friend who would probably say, 'I'd love to bundle him up and take him home'!!

    ReplyDelete