Monday 5 December 2011

5 December

Our church's Christmas Carols last night were great. I and the rest of my youth group performed a skit. The carols were great, and my little brother popped out of a box! That doesn't happen every day.

Today is a 3 party day. Firstly, this morning my mother's bible study had a breakup party, then we went on to another group of hers to have a lunch breakup. We'll only be home for another hour, having come in about half an hour ago, before going out to our school breakup. Busy indeed! Right now my sister is practicing for the performance she and I will be putting on. I've mentioned it before. She will be singing and playing keyboard, while I sing to accompany her. We'll sing Silent Night and Jingle Bells (traditional version).

My little brother is in the backyard using string to pull a go kart along, by using the trampoline as a pulley. I don't know why, he probably has a weird story to explain it, but he won't tell me.

On this day:
1933- Prohibition ends in America. Alcohol is no longer illegal.
1938- Albert Namatjira holds his first solo exhibition in Melbourne.
2001-Sir Peter Blake is murdered in Brazil by pirates.
1782- Martin Van Buren, America's 8th President, is born in Kinderhook, New York. He was the first US President born in the US.

My little brother is going around the house, singing about being "saddened and alone" into a broken walking stick, wearing a captain hat. He can be very strange sometimes.

1 comment: