Friday 2 December 2011

December 2

I think I have discovered my favorite Christmas Carol. The Little Drummer Boy. I love the lyrics. I can easily imagine myself standing there before the King, with no gift worthy enough, except what I can play, doing my very best, to please the King of Kings.

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.



What's your favorite Christmas carol? My sister has 3 favorites: Joy to the World, Come All Ye Faithful, and Silent Night. My little brother likes Feliz Navidad, the one by The Wiggles. (I like that one too.) My mother likes O Holy Night, because of the line 'Till He appeared, and the soul felt its worth'. My older brother likes Jingle Bells, not really as a favorite, but more because I pestered him into telling me a carol. In my opinion, everyone should have a favorite Christmas Carol, because even if they don't do Christmas, Christmas carols are still beautiful music.

On this day:
1876- Grace Bussell, a 16 year old, rescued many passengers on horseback, with the help of the stockman Sam Isaacs, when the SS Georgette ran aground at Busselton, Western Australia.
2004-British ballerina, Alicia Markova, died age 94. She popularised ballet in the UK and the USA. She danced the lead roles in Giselle, Swan Lake and The Nutcracker, and is best known for dancing Giselle, her title role.

Christmas is such a special time of year. I love the quiet times of listening to carols, the loud times of going Christmas shopping, the crazy times of putting up the tree, and the special family times of things like carols at church.

Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
Oren Arnold


Christmas hath a darkness;
Brighter than the blazing noon;
Christmas hath a chillness
Warmer than the heat of June,
Christmas hath a beauty
Lovelier than the world can show:
For Christmas bringeth Jesus,
Brought for us so low.
Christina Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment