Wednesday 25 April 2012

April 25 (Anzac Day)

This blog is called Random Thoughts, so: Earlier, I was lying on our trampoline looking up at the sky, and the clouds made me think of lying under a giant bed. It seemed like I was lying under a giant cloud bed, that was sagging in the middle, and was all gray.

My mother has tried all day to get out wifi set up, but nothing seems to work. I think she said that it's faulty, and we'll get a new one.

I've been reading all day today, and all yesterday evening too. It was fun. I love to read, but recently I've been doing more online reading, and less book-in-hand reading. Last night, when I was racing through three books, one after another, sitting there, curled up on the lounge, book in hand, it felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. A little bit like coming home after a long holiday. It just kind of feels right.

My older brother, my sister, and my little brother made Anzac biscuits today. They made some with chocolate, and some without, and personally, I think the chocolate ones aren't nearly as good as the plain ones. The cloudy sky made it fantastic to be sitting inside with a book, smelling Anzac biscuits cooking, and tasting them after. The perfect way to spend the holiday.

It's getting colder now. With winter comes my birthday, so I can't wait! The only problem is that I can't decide on a party theme! I want to have a party with a few friends to celebrate my birthday, but I can't pick a theme. I can't send invitations until I have a theme, so I'm starting to worry about it. It's a very good thing that it isn't winter yet, and I still have more than a month to go.

We didn't go square dancing last night. Some of us were kind of tired, and just wanted a night to chill at home. Now I just have to hope that we haven't missed out on learning something vitally important!

No comments:

Post a Comment