Sunday 1 April 2012

April 1

Yesterday, I went to see The Hunger Games with my siblings and our dad. It was pretty good, but some bits were gory. I'm glad I watched it, but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

We also saw Mirror Mirror, and for that, I really have to say: that Queen is CRAZY!!! I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it but is planning to, so I won't say anything specific, except this. Snow White never ate the apple. That makes it totally different from any other Snow White movie.

Why are some fairytales so popular, while others are basically obscure? Then there are others that lots of people know, but there are very few movies about. For example, The Little Mermaid. How many times have you seen a variation of that compared to something like Cinderella? I think Cinderella, Snow White, and Beauty and the Beast are the Prince and Princess fairy tales with the most variations. Other tales, like Sleeping Beauty, are really well known, but don't have as many variations.

WE ARE ON HOLIDAYS!!! Tomorrow is the first day of holidays. I still have some schoolwork I have to do, but I am officially on holidays, which makes my work seem a lot less important.

March, my Month of Miracles, is over. I might still post miracles sometimes, but it will probably be a lot less regular.

I found something really cool on Google, but if you want to see it, you have to go today. Gmail Tap

2 comments:

  1. Have you read "The Hunger Games"? I want to see the film and compare - everyone keeps saying it's quite good and respectful to the original storyline.

    I know! "Snow White & the Huntsmen" is coming out too. But, in favour of less popular fairytales, apparently there's a film adaptation of "Hansel & Gretel" coming out as well. So that's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read it, though I would like to. My dad has read it, and he said the movie and the book are pretty close. Snow White and the Huntsman looks like a pretty good movie. I think there must be a Snow White theme going, to have two Snow White movies at once.

      Delete