Wednesday 16 May 2012

May 16

It was so cold yesterday! At square dancing it was even colder. Some of the people who have been doing it for a while said that the hall where we dance can sometimes go down to two degrees Celsius. That is so cold, I don't even want to think about it!

This afternoon, I was reading a book called True Stories of the Strange and Unknown. There are some amazing stories there. This is one of them.

The Wonderful Watch
When Wal Williams of Charlotte, North Carolina, accidentally dropped his watch from a light plane at 600 metres, he though he'd never see it again. But next day, while gardening, he found the watch in his own backyard. It was still running-and keeping perfect time.

Isn't that so weird?

I'm currently reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Apart from the fact that we watched the movie not too long ago, I wanted to read it because it has some wonderful descriptions of winter, and chocolate. What better book is there to read on a cold winter's night, curled up under the blankets, than one that really makes you appreciate everything you have, and how blessed you are. Winter is a time when you want yummy hot meals, and there are people like Charlie who don't get them. I don't think that a visit to a chocolate factory would work for all of them though.

My birthday is coming up so quickly! It was three weeks away yesterday. None of my family have bought my presents yet, but at least they have plans to go shopping. I also still need to write invitations to my birthday party, and I want to have them written by Friday! I have to get on with that pretty soon.

1 comment:

  1. Whoah, I'm loving that story about the watch! What a crazy coincidence.

    Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is one of my most favorite books. I adore it to bits. And yes, same as you, it brings to mind how people do often suffer like that - except they don't have a Willy Wonka to inherit a huge factory from :( Still a great book, though. And Charlie's such a good boy.

    Exciting birthday news! Hope the party goes well :)

    ReplyDelete