Tuesday 22 May 2012

May 22

My laptop's death warrant is practically signed. As soon as possible, I will be getting a new computer. I'm looking forward to it. I have never had a new computer. For a while I shared a computer with my sister, then my dad gave me his old laptop, but now I should be getting a new computer all my own! I really am blessed.

My sister has taken up knitting. It is so funny to see her sitting there with this gigantic ball of wool, knitting away. It is the biggest ball of wool I have ever seen, probably the length of a ruler, and bright purple. She hasn't told anyone what she is making, except possibly our mother.

My birthday is exactly two weeks away! I'm really excited, but I'm worried that most of my presents will be IOUs. No one seems to have bought me a present yet!

We have all been really busy with schoolwork. Today my older brother and I found out that an assignment that we didn't even know about is due on Friday! My little brother and sister have their teacher coming around in two weeks, and the teacher for me and my brother is coming around next week.

Does anyone agree with me that it seems so weird to say or write 'my brother and me'? For example, which makes more sense, 'the teacher has come for my brother and I', or 'the teacher has come for my brother and I'? 'My brother and me' is grammatically correct, but doesn't sound write. My sister summed it up nicely. "The one that doesn't make sense is correct"!

1 comment:

  1. I must agree, that does sum it up very well.

    ReplyDelete